TESTING QUADRATURE ENCODERS
The TI-7000 accepts encoders with single ended or differential output lines, with
or without an index pulse (although some tests require an index pulse). If the encoder includes U, V, and W
true and complement commutation lines, those lines can be checked as well. In Data Display, the count, count
rate, and line states (including commutation lines) are displayed.
Testing of the encoder outputs includes measuring counts between index pulses, measuring A, B and Z channel
line levels, and measuring three different pulse phase angles.
To aid in checking and setting commutation alignment, the encoder counts are also used to calculate and display
mechanical and electrical angles. Correct electrical angle calculation requires the operator to enter
the number of motor poles.
- DATA DISPLAY PARAMETERS
- Display accumulated pulse count (decimal).
- Display count rate in counts/second.
- Display states of A, B, and Z lines.
- Display 6 commutation line states.
- Display mechanical and electrical angles.
- LINE LEVEL TEST - Check for proper voltage levels on A, B, and Z channel lines.
- INCREMENTAL COUNT TEST - Turn and compare measured counts per rotation with target number.
- CONTINUOUS COUNT TEST - Count test while turning continuously with a motor.
- PHASE TEST - Measure A and B channel phase angles while turning by hand or by motor.